Sunday, November 8, 2009

A walk through the chaotic and charming Old Delhi – Jama Masjid

Not far away from Red Fort, lies the famous Jama Masjid, the largest Mosque in India and the final architectural extravagance of Shah Jahan. To reach there, I need to navigate through Chandni Chowk, a busy street full of vendors. And I got all the attentions everywhere I go. “Japanese? Korean?” this was how they greet me. 

Guess what! I found a McDonalds here and ended up having a fish fillet burger as my first meal in India. I was just extrememly cautious after having a bad experience earlier on (touts at train station). And in fact, I can’t really find a place for a decent meal around here. So, don’t blame me for not being adventurous.

Polka dots “pyjamas” for all the female tourists. They looked so adorable!

Here, everywhere you go, you need a ride by cycle-rickshaw or auto-rickshaw. Auto-rickshaw is definitely faster. Faster means you doesn’t need to stay longer on the road. You don’t want to be on the road any second longer in Delhi I bet. Because the longer you are, the more you inhale the air, a cocktail of dust, sands, fumes from rubbish burning and car exhaust. I took a cycle-rickshaw ride………and caught in traffic jam…….

The smiling face are fake! Once I reached the guesthouse, the first thing I did was to clear my nostrils. They were jammed. And in fact, it was my daily exercise in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment