Thursday, October 1, 2009

Practice of human values and service.. make life a celebration!

Being raised in a family where a lot of attention was given to helping others, special those in need including the neighborhood pets was a gratifying experience because it was one of the reasons that made me naturally draw towards special service projects during hiking trips from school like collecting the trash from the valley or celebrating Christmas with the blind kids or organizing an AIDS Awareness seminar.

As much as I have felt my childhood experience as fulfilling, there has been some sort of self-introspection.. what kind of person I want to be…what kind of places I want to see…what experiences I want to have…what does my authentic self really looks like. I can related to a quote by Abigail Adams, ‘ Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.’

While growing up, I got involved with academics and business courses but, with the advancing times I realized how the world of micro finance has given a complete new platform to the developing world. It has been very fascinating to find out how business development and community development can be integrated for the betterment of an individual, society and overall common good.

I am really looking forward to the opportunity of becoming a Kiva Fellow because it encourages the type of self discovery, personal exploration, and connections with world that I wish to continue learn and share rest of my life. .

No comments:

Post a Comment